I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, January 22, 2007

What a Game!

Christa came over last night to watch the NFL Football game between the Indianapolis Colts and the New England Patriots. The winner of this game would go on to face the Chicago Bears in the Superbowl. Since the first game got out of hand, I was hopefully that this game would be close and competitive. There were so many angles to this game:
  • Peyton Manning (best statistical quarterback) vs. Tom Bray (best clutch quarterback)
  • Brady and Belicheck are 12-1 in the playoffs
  • The Colts can't beat the Patriots in the playoffs
  • Peyton Manning has never won the big game; the blows it in the playoffs
  • Vinatieri moved from the Patriots to the Colts
These are but a few of the angles you can take on the game. You can see the ESPN article here. I would say this is probably the most entertaining game of football that I have watched. It wasn't even a Packer game. There were key turnovers, questionable penalties, big conversions and two touchdowns scored by offensive linemen!

The Colts won 38-34. Peyton gets to the Superbowl and wins a big game. There are two African American coaches in the Superbowl. Brady/Belicheck finally go down in a big game.

If they have this on ESPN Classic, which they should, you have to watch it. A great game.

Other News:
  • I broke a weight plateau and I am now down to 195. I love the progress I am making. It feels like it's not a day until I actually run.
  • Tomorrow I will have my review of Children of Men.

0 comments: