I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Saturday Potpourri

  • Christa's planetarium presentation went very well; now I wish I would have gone to the presentation. It sounds like any nervousness she had did not get in the way of her doing a wonderful job.
  • Christa goes home today to hopefully find a wedding dress. Among my many other things in life, men have it pretty easy in the wedding clothing department. In 30 minutes at After Hours, I was able to reserve tuxedos for the wedding party, ushers, fathers and myself. Mine's already ordered and will be waiting for me on June 14. Christa has had a much bigger ordeal finding her dress and bride's maid dresses.
  • A weekend of NFL playoff football. Sweet! There are some good match-ups this weekend; sadly, the Packers will not be in one of those match-ups.
  • Character creation for my AD&D campaign continues. Three characters have been created with four more on the way. My goal is eight characters to start with and I think I have the eighth person picked out.
  • A FUMC Oshkosh church member and choir member Milo Cushman died on December 31, 2006. His church service was this morning. I didn't know Milo all that well, but he would sings on and off with us in the three years I have been a member of the church. I got frustrated with how often he did not come to choir. I didn't think it was fair that he could sing at church, but not rehearse. I did not know until most recently that he had been battling cancer for the last ten years. Talk about not having the while story and judging someone...I learned a valuable lesson.

0 comments: