I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Habits

On Wednesday, I had the hugest craving for a candy. And, I relented having a Milky Way bar. It tasted good, really good. It was the first candy bar I had since Sunday. When you don't have something for a little while you realize how truly good something can be; it honestly tastes like a treat because you don't have it all the time.

My two biggest goals this year are to cut down significantly my consumption of both regular soda and sugar. I had gotten so used to both of them that I never stopped to think about how much of it I was consuming. It was getting almost disgusting. So, for the five days of the new year I am doing a good job cutting these down. When I do have them every once in awhile, it makes them more special.

Breaking habits are tough, especially really old habits. I have had more success this year than ever before. There are a few reasons for this, in my opinion:
  • Christa - She has been helpful in holding me accountable to the things that I have resolved to do. She takes a genuine interest in me being a better person. It's one of the many advantages to marrying her :).
  • Prayer - God has been very helpful in this endeavor. I feel stronger and feel a real purpose to making these changes. They will make me a better person and a better Christian.
  • Maturity - I have more background and experience to draw from and can see some truly destructive habits in which I have engaged.
Hopefully, things keep going on as they are. I have more energy, less stress and I feel better about who I am.

Other News:
  • Christa does her first planetarium show tonight at the Buckstaff Planetarium. You should check it out! It's at 7:00 PM. I have never been inside it before and I got to see it for the first time last night.
  • So far the response to the second semester AD&D campaign has been good. People are creating characters and excitement seems to be high.

0 comments: