I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Snow...Sweet

Last night, Christa informed me that a Winter Storm was going to come through Oshkosh last night and today. I had not seen anything on TV of of yet, but low and behold the warning came on and we were expected to get 4-6 inches of snow. It started last night and left a pretty good layer on the ground when I woke up at 7:15 this morning.

As you have read about before, I have taken to running in the morning when I get up. Not thinking things through at 7:00 AM, I went running to discover the vast majority of Oshkosh citizens or civil servants had not plowed the sidewalks. Even some of the roads had not received any care yet. This made running interesting. Although frustrated at the time, I realized that at 8-9 AM, most plowing had begun. I just needed to wait. But, I am a creature of habit so I ran anyway.

My pedometer said I ran 4.6 miles, but I probably only ran about 3.8. The extra distance come probably from the fact that I took smaller steps to deal with the 4 inches of snow that I was often running through. Some may consider this adventure to be dangerous, or stupid. You're probably right. In addition to that, I think it show determination. I am going to keep up this running stuff. This continues to be the longest that I have made this work.

In non-running related news, the snow looks beautiful, and even at 10:00 AM it continues to snow. It is supposed to snow on and off all day. Christa is right. It's about time we got some snow.

My 3rd floor Community Advisor Darci (who leaves this week) is having a Hawaiian Luau tonight. It's perfect weather for a luau :)!

0 comments: