I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Good Shepherd

Christa and I went to see The Good Shepherd on New Year's Eve. We were the beneficiaries of a Marcus Theatres gift card from my parents, so we took advantage. I had meant to see this movie with my Dad, but we were not able to fit it in before I headed back to Oshkosh after my stop at home.

Despite my usual low expectation for any movie lately, I went into this moveie with high expectations. There was a solid cast of actors, good previews and a good spy/military story to go with it. I also went to this movie without reading the previews. I really liked the movie. I would give it 7.5 out of 10. Strangely enough, the reviews of this movie were definitely on the side of it being bad.

The Positives:
  • Excellent performance from Matt Damon. You really felt for his character at times.
  • Good musical score.
  • Although sometimes confusing, I liked the flashback element.
  • Good story line that kept you into the film and where it was going
The Negatives:
  • This movie was too long. The last half hour was tough to watch...you wanted it to be over.
  • I did not like Angelina Jolie is this movie, at all. I'm not sure who I would have picked, but it would not have been her.
I would recommend that you see it. While it may get a bad wrap, I think it's worth seeing.

0 comments: