I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Why Did I Keep This Chinese Religions Reader?

While I was in the office, two residents were having a discussion by the mailbox. One of them was hoping that a package would come in. I asked what he was waiting for. He said that he had ordered a copy of the Tao Te Ching. This jogged my memory and I realized that I had a copy of the Tao Te Ching. I bought it during my undergraduate days when I was exploring all religions tyring to figure out which one might be best for me. So, I told him he could borrow my copy until his came in the mail.

I then thought about my Chinese Religions Reader. To fill in a credit shortfall the year I was a CA, I decided to take a class in Chinese Religions. The class was really difficult, but I really enjoyed it and learned a lot about easterm religion. I always kept the reader that we purchased for the class because it had a lot of useful information. Times have come up where I thought about throwing out the reader because I never use it. I ended up lending my reader to this resident so that it might help him in his reading. It only took eight years, but I found a purpose for it!

It's not really a profound story...just interesting.

0 comments: