I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sunday Reflection

Steve Kaehr led his first service at our church this morning. It is a good feeling to know that you have someone coming in who will be at the church for awhile. He did a wonderful job. Among the things that I appreciated about his first worship service:
  • He used an older version of the Doxology. There is something about singing "Amen" on the VI-I chord progression that just accentuates the fact that you are at church.
  • His sermon was longer than what I'm used to, but it was interesting. He introduced himself in a thoughtful way and tied into the message of the baptism of Jesus Christ.
  • He had an Old Testament reading, a New Testament reading & a Gospel reading. You can never have enough bible verses in church :).
I am excited to see over time how the congregation responds to his style of worship. I am definitely on board.

Other Thoughts:
  • I have checked out the first in a series of books that our church library has that interpret various books of the bible. I thought it would be a good supplement to the bible reading that I am doing throughout the year.
  • I need to schedule an SPRC meeting soon. I will hopefully take care of that tomorrow.

0 comments: